Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Perfectly imperfect*

For a wee while now I had been contemplating starting a blog. Suprising, as I'm far (far-far) from a whizz on the computer!
But I have a small collection of blogs I love to read regularly (mostly holistic parenting), and a handful I check in with occasionally (mostly for sewing/crafting inspiration), and though this has been an activity I can happily squeeze into lil' snippets of 'me time', I have often felt that so many blog writers are, perhaps, a little afraid to show the 'less than perfect' sides of their lives... Could this be so?

As a mama on my own journey (or journey's! So many, intertwining journeys!) I sometimes find it hard not to compare myself to others who 'appear' to be 'doing it better'. I know this kind of behaviour is counterproductive, I know, and I am learning, a lil' more every day, to be gentle with myself. 
I know I am not alone with this kind of sentiment, and I have always appreciated the times when bloggers, or people in general, are brave enough to share their real-ness.

But don't get me wrong- I have a constant hunger for all that is positive, bright, inspirational and beautiful! I just want mine to have balance :-). Perfectionism is just not my kind of cuppa!



So here I go! Please consider this my attempt to show smidges of my life, as it really is, the beautiful, and the not so much; the real, and the magical (though I do believe those last two fit together perfectly, when we let them). Arohanui, Tinks*


7 comments:

  1. What a beautifully, inspirational beginning to a blog Tink, I love the way you write, & I look forward to reading much much more of your 'imperfect' doings! Bessed be xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwoah! Thank you my darling! You know you are in my top five inspirational peeps list! I wouldn't be doing it without you :-). Xx*

      Delete
  2. I'm so proud of you, my beautiful young neice, haha, I want everyone to know we share a gene pool ;-) Welcome to the 'inter-web'. I know you'll make lots of new friendships here. You've written a really great first post, it's honest and friendly, just like you xx.
    I'm going to check in to see what's going on in your life over there often.
    Hey have you got your rotary cutter and stuff yet. It's been on my mind to let you know that for what you want to do, you may not need a ruler at all.
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUSS! I've finally made it to 'public niece status'! ;-). Cheers AUNTY!
      I checked out cutters and mats at the Bernina shop the other day, Olfa's, and am gearing up to get them next week, or the following. What was the minimal size you had recommended not going below? And I'm thinking I might get a ruler anyway, as I would like to try some small bits of piece work, and frankly, Im no good at straight anything! (you know, cutting lines and such like...!)
      Thanks for your lovely words and fabulous support, Xx*

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog - thankyou. The brief time we met, and from snippets I see on FB, I'd already put you in the category of a mama who 'appears to be doing it better'! As someone trying every day to be just a little bit better, (and by better I think I mean truer to myself and the best I can be for those that matter most to me) than the day before, it is encouraging and comforting to connect with others sharing their journey. I look forward to following your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wonderful Amy! I really look forward to (hopefully) spending some time with you and sweet Arthur at NB:N this year- you're my kind of Mama! Thank you so much for your words, it really does mean the world to me to know there are a) more Mama's on the same path as me, out there in the world, and b) that I am appreciated, and accepted, just as I am :-). Churp! ;-). Arohanui Xx*

      Delete